Read Time: 2 Minutes | Word Count: 293
Have you recently been made aware of travel advisories issued by your local government concerning violence and or crime?
We appreciate you for addressing your concerns.
Although the US State Department raised its level of concern due to an increase in activity generally involving only residents of Jamaica, and not involving visitors to the island, the Jamaican government takes this very seriously, as tourism is vital to the local economy. Visitors should be reassured that they remain welcome and can expect to enjoy the warmth and hospitality of the Jamaican people during their visit. Despite the fact that cycling tourists are not generally targeted for crime or violence, nevertheless, we at Super Fowl Cycling Tours take additional precautions to ensure the safety and peace of mind of our clients.
We will be touring through visitor-friendly such areas as Ocho Rios, Annotto Bay, St. Mary’s Parish, and Port Antonio. These areas are frequently visited by tourist and have increased in tourism year by year.
As a reminder:
- All of our tours are monitored and secured 24/7 with security details and support vehicles
- We will travel during peak hours, maximizing daylight (necessary primarily for safe and comfortable cycling)
- We always travel together as a group
- Safety while lodging is ensured by grounds security
- A wide range of additional security provisions, including local police or other escorts, will be available as conditions warrant
Safety and security measures aside, it’s always a good idea to be a smart traveler. It’s best to NOT bring any valuables and a large amount of clothing/luggage. The trip is very active and Eco-friendly, you will not need any of those items.
We have also included an article below describing the increase in tourism within the past year. Please review at your leisure.